Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thriller

Last Friday a technical minded friend of mine helped me set up a hit counter on this site. The results were very surprising. There are MANY more people following this blog than I thought. From the numbers I can tell that most of you don’t know me, which makes you all crazy stalkers. I’m just kidding, I’m honored to have all of you read this. I hope you laugh and see life a little differently after reading it.
All of you are expecting me to write a blog on Michael Jackson, exploit him for your pleasure. Well I am don’t worry. In all honestly he was one weird weird guy by the end of his life. But as Dave Chapelle said “he made Thriller man….Thriller!”. That album plus the video are some of the coolest pieces of art ever made. If you watch videos from the early eighties you will see that the man could dance like no other. He put Donny Osmond to shame..He created moves that we all tried to recreate in front of the mirror and in the shower. We slipped and fell and hurt our wrists and shot an 83 at the golf tournament we played in the next day. We all made an excuse saying we hurt it “rowing”, c’mon people who rows boats? What was I thinking? Anything would have been better than that. Anyways, we’ve all played air guitar to “Beat it”, tried to do the moonwalk to “Billy Jean”, grabbed our crotch and said “whooo-heee” and “chum –on” and then finished with an “AHHHHHHHHHH” to “Black and White”. We’ve all suffered with trying to change ourselves starting with the “man in the mirror”. So was he weird? Yes. Did he change music and dancing forever? Most definitely. And did his high paid lawyers make the D.A. of Santa Barbara their bitch on two occasions? Hell Yes. I don’t think you have to go to law school to be the D.A. there….seriously…how did he go free from all of that? Anyways, he will be missed like Elvis. I’ll still try to do his moves and fail. It looks better after a few drinks though. I’ll always miss him like an ugly girl misses the prom.
Another sad death this week was overshadowed by M.J.’s and Farah Fawecettes death, that was the death of Mr. Ed McMahon. I loved this guy. I remember being really little and watching Carson with my grandfather, McMahon was famous for “Heeeeres Johnny” and “you are correct, sir”. Phil Hartman did a great impersonation on SNL in the early 90s. Which in college we all got great laughter out of on the “Best of Phil Hartman” dvd… Dana Carvey did the best.... well... the best of anyone really... impersonation, and his Carson was spot on...."That is some weird wild stuff Ed". You should definately check some of those old SNL clips out.... Later in life though, Mr. McMahon really pissed me off. On two occasions I received large checks and baloons from Publishers Clearing House on the steps of my front door. Both times they had the wrong adress. Hence, I’m not living on Jupiter Island right now playing Wii golf with Tiger Woods. Just my luck I guess. Thanks Ed…that money could of really helped in this economy.
And then today…my birthday was ruined…Billy Mays died…I loved this guys commercials, his impact on the infomercial was equal to Michael Jackson’s impact on the Music Video. He put the Sham Wow guy to shame. I will truly miss his commercials. The products really worked too, unlike the damn Slap Chop! Piece of crap...The Sham Wow guy deserved everything that happened...

Hopefully I won’t have to talk about death on this blog for a while. Life is much more fun.

They will all be missed.

All others except “the” nurse disregard the following.


Another quick shout out to the ridiculously gorgeous tall nurse at the clinic..”how you doin?” …….I’m heading to chick fil a…do you like your nuggets with bar b q, ranch, or honey mustard sauce? Have a great day and try not to catch whatever it is that is killing off celebrities left and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment