Thursday, June 18, 2009

After a few requests, I’m writing my second blog. Over the past week for some reason parents have confused my phone number with a local child care center. At first, I politely said you have the wrong number and went about my day. However, the number of calls kept increasing and as I bore easily I decided I’d start having fun with it.....

Parent: “Yes. I just wanted to le you know that Janice Smithfield will be picking up Caroline today, she has my full permission to pick her up. I have to work late.”

Me: “Oh. I’m sorry ma’am but we just can’t allow that.”

Parent: “Why not? She has picked her up before. Has there been a policy change?”

Me: “No. There has been no policy change it’s just that Ms. Smithfield is on our list of known sex offenders, we can’t release your child to her… much less let her on the property.”

Parent: “How dare you. That’s my mother’s best friend!”

Me: “I believe your mother is on there too. They committeed the act together I hear, well….them and a herd of goats.” CLICK

Next Call

Parent: “I’m calling about James. I put his new prescription with his stuff today and was just reminding the staff that the new prescription is to be given twice a day not just once as before.”

Me: “James??...I think we lost him…does he have a chip?”

Parent: “A What? What do you mean you lost him”

Me: “Well ma’am I just can’t place him. And you know a tracking chip… we had one put in our dog, great invention, he is normally at the neighbors house though. I’m sure James will turn up. We will just put up some signs with some reward money, he’ll show up. And if he doesn’t the hip thing is to do these days is to adopt from different countries. CLICK


Next Call

Parent: “My son’s class is having a party this Friday and I’m supposed to bring snacks. Could you please tell me what the theme is? It’s Ms. Henderson’s class.

Me: Why sure! Let me just check….Says here the theme is naked picture day. Apparently they are going to take naked pictures of all the children…I guess it’s to get them ready for the Boy Scouts.” CLICK

Sure is a lot of fun..cant wait until the next call.

No comments:

Post a Comment